Chicken Piccata

10:59 PM


I have a very soft spot for chicken piccata.  It was the first meal I ate when I arrived in the States to marry my husband.  We were to live in New York City and the night I finally arrived for good, we went to dinner at a lovely little Italian restaurant on the Upper East Side.  I ordered chicken piccata (which I had never had before) and thought it was the most delicious thing I had ever eaten.   I was in love, New York was amazing and I had my life ahead of me.  Chicken Piccata is VERY special!



All you need is:


Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, no more than 1/4 inch thick


1 tablespoon of flour


salt and pepper


chopped fresh rosemary (optional)


1 tablespoon of butter


A good gulg of olive oil


2-3 lemons


3/4 - 1 cup of white wine


1/4 cup of organic chicken stock


1 tablespoon of cornflour


1 tablespoon of butter


1 tablespoon of capers


Fresh herbs for garnish


On a large plate mix the flour, salt and pepper and chopped rosemary. 


Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture.


Heat the olive oil and butter in a large saute pan.  When hot add the floured chicken breasts.  Brown well on both sides.


Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.


Add the wine, stock, juice of the lemons and the lemons themselves and capers to the pan and bring to the boil.  Boil for a minute or so and then turn down to a simmer.


Mix the butter and cornstarch in a small bowl.  Add a tablespoon of the liquid and combine.  Pour this into the saute pan and stir until thoroughly combined.


Add the chicken breasts back to the pan until completely cooked through.


Transfer to a warm platter and sprinkle with chopped herbs and more lemon wedges.


This is wonderful served with a salad, green beans or of course spinach. You really need warm bread to sop up the lovely lemony juices too.



0 评论