Grilled Steak with Chimichurri Sauce

9:30 PM


What is better than a great steak with Chimichurri sauce?  It's an easy meal that really packs a flavorful punch.  I don't have steak very often but I REALLY love it.  Not to get up on my soapbox but I do think a great quality steak will yield a far better taste.  If I know the animal has been treated well and has roamed around the countryside in a contented manner - it will taste better.  At least I think so.  My husband who knows my feelings well, asked when I served this "Was it listening to Mozart when ........."


As far as the Chimichurri is concerned I have no such worries - this is just the happiest sauce I know - from the name to the taste.  I made this from herbs out of the garden and it just burst with flavor.  It takes less than two minutes in the processor - very helpful - and it's equally good with chicken or fish.


For the Chimichurri Sauce


1 cup parsley
1/3 cup of cilantro
1/2 cup of olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
3/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon of cumin
Zest and juice of a lime
1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
Pinch of salt


Steaks for grilling, fat trimmed
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Herbs de Provence


To prepare the Chimichurri put all the ingredients into the processor and blitz.  Pour into a bowl and refrigerate.


To prepare the steaks, rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and Herbs de Provence.


I made these steaks on my griddle pan (love that piece of equipment).  Heat the grill or pan until REALLY hot then lay the steaks on it.  Depending on the thickness of the steaks and how well you like them done, sear for between 2 - 4 minutes a side.  Remember when you remove and cover them with aluminum foil they will carry on cooking a little - so please don't over do them.  Despite my squeamishness I do like a rare steak.  Not as rare as my good friend Joan who instructs the chef to "just walk it through the kitchen".


Let the steaks rest under the foil for at least 6 minutes.  Then slice and drizzle over the sauce.   




0 评论