Pollo Adobo Filipino Style

12:21 AM



Sometimes, amazingly simple recipe can be surprisingly good. I must admit how skeptical I was about this pollo adobo, the recipe only had a few humble ingredients that most likely you have them all in your kitchen. At the time I made this dish, I had skinless and boneless chicken in my refrigerator, still tasted good, personally think it will taste much better if using chicken with the skin and the bone still intact.

Pollo Adobo
(Chicken In Adobo Style)

4 pieces boneless and skinless chicken breast
1½ tsp salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tbs chopped garlic
¾ cup white vinegar
3 tbs  vegetable oil
2 bay leaves

  • Rub the chicken breast with salt, pepper, ½ tbs garlic, and ¼ vinegar. Tuck in the bay leaves. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour.

  • Heat 1 tbs oil in  a large skillet over medium heat, add the garlic, stir, add the chicken, and the remaining ½ cup vinegar. Cover the skillet, and cook the chicken until just about done. Transfer to a platter.

  • Preheat the grill to medium high,  brush the chicken with the remaining vegetable oil, grill on both side about one minute on each side, or until the chicken is completely cooked.



I served this pollo adobo with simple jasmine rice, lemon, simple green salad, and my favorite condiment,  pickle shallots and jalapeno pepper.

0 评论