Roasted Red Pepper Cannellini Bean Dip

10:59 PM





I have to admit I have a problem.  I am ALWAYS hungry.  It doesn't matter what time of the day it is, whether I have just eaten or what time of year it is, I'm hungry.  I suspect this is a condition shared by many, but it is a problem as the volume of food I consume is alarming and I really can't hope to work it off as I am not and never will be an athlete.


My solution to this never ending dilemma is - vegetables.  Really, they are a life saver - probably literally.  I eat a ton, rather like an elephant. One of my favorite summer nibbles is this roasted red pepper, cannellini bean dip. It's got a kick so it's interesting, it's full of high fiber and goodness knows how many wonderful nutrients from the beans, calcium from the yogurt and a touch of sweet from the red peppers.  I used to live on hummus but it got awfully dull after a while, I like a little interest in my food and the harissa spice perks this up no end. 


I keep it in the fridge with cut up raw veggies for dipping.  If you are not locked in continual combat with the amount of carbohydrates you are ingesting, you could always bake some triangles of pita bread after sprinkling them with olive oil, salt and pepper and a tinsy bit of minced rosemary. I can tell you after the benefit of much experience, they are delicious with this.




Here's what you will need to make this life saver of a nibble:


1, 15oz can of cannellini beans


1, 7oz jar of roasted red peppers (the sweet kind)


1 good sized sprig of rosemary


Zest and juice of 1 lemon


1 clove of garlic, squeezed through a garlic press


1, 5.3oz plain Greek yogurt


1 heaped teaspoon of harissa spice


salt and pepper for seasoning.


This couldn't be quicker and easier:


Place EVERYTHING in the food processor.



Process


Check the seasoning, add a little more lemon juice if needed, or rosemary or salt and pepper.


Pour into a pretty bowl, cut yourself plenty of raw veggies and dip away to your heart's content feeling enormously virtuous.



0 评论