Banana Bread

10:00 PM

I don't really like bananas. It's a texture thing. I'm alright with them when they're almost ripe; still a little tiny bit green. But the second that peel is completely yellow or a tiny bit brown, my banana eating is over.


I do, however, really like a good banana bread. I came across an interesting banana bread recipe in my google reader a few weeks ago, and knew I had to try it. Despite my husband being upset with me that I put chocolate chips in it, I'm very happy with how it turned out and will make it again for sure.



Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Recipe from Good Things Catered
Makes 1 loaf


INGREDIENTS
3 large extra-ripe bananas
1 3/4 cups flour, plus 2 TBSP
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup chocolate chips (I used about 2/3 cup)
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening (I used butter flavor crisco sticks)
2 eggs
2 TBSP milk
1 TBSP vanilla extract


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Mash bananas and set aside.


In a medium bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix. Whisk together and set aside.


In a ziplock bag, toss chocolate chips with 2 TBSP flour. Set aside.


Cream together shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.


Add eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly combined.


Add milk, vanilla, and banana to the mixture and combine well.


Turn mixer to low and add the flour/pudding mixture and beat until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.


Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


Let cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes then remove from the pan to cool completely.



0 评论