Cake Batter Rice Krispies

8:06 AM


I've been in planning mode for my daughter's 4th birthday party. People who know me well will tell you that I am definitely a planner. I had Lady H's first AND second birthday party planned before she even made it out of the womb, so I usually plan well in advance. Of course, now as she and I are getting older, the planning has toned down a bit. I'm down to planning only a few months ahead instead of 6-9 months ahead. :)


This year, I'm thinking that we may go with primary colors and lots of sprinkles and funfetti things. I mean, who doesn't like sprinkles? When I saw these Cake Batter Rice Krispies I knew that they would be perfect for the party. Not only is there the festiveness (is that a word?) of the sprinkles, there is also a really nice, subtle cake batter taste.  Kids of all ages love Rice Krispie Treats...and sprinkles. 


Cake Batter Rice Krispies
Recipe from Gimme Some Oven


3 tablespoons butter
1 (10 oz.) bag of mini marshmallows
1/3 cup dry yellow cake mix
5 cups crispy rice cereal
1 (1.75 oz.) container of sprinkles


Grease a baking dish. I use a 9x9 pan because I like my Krispies thick, but you can also use a 13x9.


Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add the marshmallows. Stir them until they begin to melt and then add the dry cake mix. Stir in the rice cereal and continue stirring until cereal is coated with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix together. Press into the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining sprinkles. Let sit about 30 minutes or so before cutting.




0 评论