Candy Corn Oreo Krispie Treats

8:06 AM


I am a sucker for seasonal treats. This time of year is the worst for my wallet and my waistline. I love all the Fall and Halloween themed goodies that are out in the stores right now. There is something about candy bars that are bite-sized that make them so much better than the regular sized ones. 


Anyway.


When I saw these Candy Corn Oreos, I definitely had to try them. I love the festive color of orange and yellow in the filling. I knew when I bought the cookies that I wanted to do something with them, other than eat a whole sleeve with a tall glass of cold milk. ;)


My thoughts quickly turned to krispie treats, so I roughly chopped up about 10-12 Oreos and just incorporated them into the melted butter and marshmallow mixture. I like the pops of orange and yellow that you get from the Oreo filling when you cut the krispie treats. While these are very sweet, I think they add a pretty, festive, and fun twist on a classic and would be perfect for your Halloween dessert table.


*Note - Now I use the microwave to make my krispie treats. I see no need to mess up a saucepan when I can melt butter and marshmallows in one bowl in the microwave. If you are anti-microwave or you don't own a microwave, click over to the rice krispie website for the traditional instructions. 




Candy Corn Oreo Krispie Treats
Rice Krispie Treat recipe from Kellogg


3 Tablespoons of butter
1 Pkg. (10 oz) of marshmallows
6 Cups rice krispie cereal
10-12 Candy Corn Oreo Cookies, roughly chopped


Coat a 8x8 or 9x9 pan with butter or cooking spray (I like my treats thick, so I put them in smaller pans. You can definitely use a 13x9 pan if you don't mind thinner treats) and set aside.


In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and marshmallows on HIGH for about 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.  Add the roughly chopped Oreo cookies and stir. Then add the rice cereal and stir until well coated.  Use a buttered spatula, or I just butter my hand, and press down the mixture evenly. Let cool and then cut to serve. Of course, these are better served the same day they are made, but can be stored in air tight container for two days. 


0 评论