Cheesy Hashbrowns

10:00 PM

I was just looking through my blog posts and was shocked to discover I'd never posted about this recipe. My family makes this at pretty much every holiday/family gathering and I never get sick of it.


Apparently this recipe reveals my true Minnesotan, but I prefer to think it just reveals my wonderful culinary sense. As a bonus, it reheats really well.



Cheesy Hashbrowns


True source unknown - from my dad
Serves about 8


INGREDIENTS
2 lbs frozen hashbrown potatoes (use the chunky ones, not the shredded potatoes)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pint (16 oz) sour cream
2 TBSP melted butter
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 medium onion, finely diced
freshly ground black pepper


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Mix together all ingredients. I find it helps to add the potatoes last.


Place in casserole dish or 9x13 pan, cover, and bake 45-50 min.


** My family tops this with a mixture of crushed cornflakes and melted butter. I don't like it that way, but if you do, knock yourself out.




0 评论