Chocolate Cookies with Pumpkin Spice Kisses

8:06 AM


 


My two favorite candy holidays are Halloween and Easter. There's just some awesome candy that shows up during those two times of the year. I love all the new Hershey Kiss flavors that are coming out. When I saw Pumpkin Spice Kisses I immediately grabbed two bags knowing that I would bake something with them. Then I remembered seeing this recipe for Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Kiss Cookies on Barbara Bakes last year. 


I did these cookies a little different than from Barbara. I roughly chopped the kisses and then added them to the cookie dough. While I think they tasted really good and added a nice pop of orange color to the cookie, I think next time I bake them I will do it Barbara's way, by stuffing each cookie with a kiss so that you have a nice, sweet, spicy surprise.


Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Kiss Cookies
from: Barbara Bakes


2 1/2 C. flour all purpose flour flour
3/4 C. unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 C. sugar
1 C. firmly packed brown sugar
1 C. butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
48 Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses, unwrapped and roughly chopped


Preheat oven to 375.


In medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa and baking soda. Set aside.


In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture; blend well. Stir in chopped kisses.


Using a medium sized cookie scoop,  place dough 2 inches apart on Silpat or parchment paper lined cookie sheets.


Bake at 375° for 7 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool 2-4 minutes on cookie sheets and then remove. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.


I made about 2 dozen cookies.



0 评论