Lemon Curd

8:06 AM


 
Lemon Curd is one of my favorite things. It's sweet, tart, and smooth. Basically, it's awesome.


This isn't the first appearance of this lemon curd recipe on my blog. Almost a year ago, I collaborated with Leah to make lemon cupcakes for a co-worker's birthday. I made the cupcakes and Leah made the lemon curd, which she gave to me a day in advance so I could stuff the cupcakes. It was really hard for me to not shovel this lemon curd into my mouth. I love it and it's so good, I'm sharing it twice!!


 


Lemon Curd
from goodLife {eats} via So How's It Taste?


1/2 C. lemon juice
1 T. lemon zest
1 - 1 1/2 C. sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
8 egg yolks
10 T. butter, sliced into tablespoons


In a medium saucepan, combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, and sugar. Heat over medium heat until simmering. Turn heat to low.


Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks in a medium sized bowl until smooth. Slowly pour half of the citrus mixture into the yolks while vigorously whisking. Return the mixture to the saucepan.


Continue cooking over low heat while whisking until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. About 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the butter 1 tablespoon at a time.


Cool to room temperature. Store refrigerated in an airtight container for about a week.


0 评论