Raspberry Truffle Brownies

8:06 AM


So Valentine's Day is coming up and it's time to start thinking about treats. Honestly, I'm not one of those girls that make a big deal over Valentine's Day. I don't need extra chocolate around me, flowers bore me, and restaurants are annoyingly overcrowded, so Mr. Bites and I usually don't do anything. I do, however, bake for the occasion. I found these brownies in my new King Arthur Cookbook that I got for Christmas. The combination of raspberry and chocolate just screams Valentine's to me.  


Raspberry Truffle Brownies
Recipe from The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion Cookbook


1 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup raspberry jam
1 teaspoon of raspberry flavor (optional)
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs, large
1 cup chocolate chips


For the raspberry fudge glaze:
1/4 cup raspberry jam
3/4 cup chopped semisweet chocolate (I used chocolate chips)
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon raspberry flavor


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.


In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, cocoa, sugar, salt, jam, and flavor. Stir in the flour, eggs, and chips. Pour the batter into a lightly greased 9x13 inch pan and spread the batter out until it's even.


Bake the brownies for 28-32 minutes, until a cake tester is inserted into the center and comes out clean; the brownies will probably look slightly wobbly in the middle. Cool them for at least 1 hour before glazing.


For the glaze, combine all the ingredients and cook over low heat, or in the microwave, until the chocolate and butter are melted. Stir until smooth and spread over the cooled bars. Cool for several hours before cutting the brownies with a knife that you've run under hot water.


This recipe makes about 2 dozen brownies cut into 2x2-inch bars. I cut mine larger, so I got about 15-18 brownies.


0 评论