Sloppy Joes my way

10:00 PM

Growing up, my mom didn't really cook. She made a few things every once in a while, but basically, my dad did the cooking. This recipe was one my mom did make, and frequently. I'm not sure where she got the recipe, but I love it. It's great for a quick meal, and the leftovers work great for next-day lunches. I've never really liked tomato-y sloppy joes, and I'm pretty sure growing up with this recipe was at least a little responsible. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.



Gumbo Burgers
Recipe from my mom
*Serves 4-6*
Prep Time – 5 min
Cook Time – 15 min

INGREDIENTS:
1 - 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (ground turkey or chicken work well too)
1 small onion, chopped or minced
½ cup chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
1 can chicken gumbo soup

DIRECTIONS:
Brown the ground beef with onion, salt, & pepper. Drain off any excess fat.

Add remaining ingredients; mix together. Simmer for about 10 min. Spoon onto hamburger buns. Serve with chips.

0 评论