57 Easy and Delicious Eggplant Recipes Mouthwatering Dishes Even Your Kids Will Love

8:35 AM


I was so happy to be approached by a reader the other day who asked me to review her cookbook!


"57 Easy and Delicious Eggplant Recipes: Mouthwatering


Dishes Even Your Kids will Enjoy!"  by Grace Wilders.


http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Delicious-Eggplant-Recipes-ebook/dp/B007XHJ6NA/


 
I'm always in the market for a new cookbook.  I'll admit it, I'm addicted to cookbooks. I've got bookshelves overflowing with them. I LOVE them! I read cookbooks like normal beings read novels.  If one is going to be addicted to anything, as I point out to my husband who watches incredulously as I rip open yet another Amazon box, it could be a heck of a lot worse than cookbooks!  I digress.  Back to my latest addition.  The beauty of this particular book is that it is an ode to the eggplant.  The author, Grace Wilders has devoted a book to what I believe is an under appreciated vegetable - or is it a fruit?  Grace has done a phenomenal job. I made the classic ratatouille and preceded to eat it with almost everything, chicken, fish, crackers and topped it on toasts to make it bruscetta - it was glorious.


There are plenty of scrumptious recipes to choose from, just to wet your appetite consider, Spicy Chinese Eggplant, Eggplant Au Gratin, Eggplant Parmigiana Caponata and even Eggplant French Fries.


Grace writes in a clear, friendly style, her recipes are well thought out, straight forward and concise. It's amazing to me how many fantastic eggplant combinations she has created.  Grace has managed to do what I have not - she has developed eggplant recipes that children love! I can vouch for this as my children wolfed down the bruscetta.


I'm delighted to have Grace's ebook on my desktop and I know I'm going to refer to it whenever I have an eggplant in my shopping basket.


Ratatouille.


A classic ratatouille with fresh herbs. Serve alone or with toast or mashed potatoes.


Ingredients;


4 tablespoons olive oil


2 cloves garlic, minced 


2 bell peppers


1 large onion, diced 


4 small zucchini, sliced


4 large red tomatoes, diced


2 small eggplants, cubed


2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped


1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced


1 teaspoon fresh thyme , minced


10 leaves fresh basil, chopped


salt and pepper to taste


Instructions


In a large saucepan add olive oil and heat on medium. Add garlic, onions, peppers and heat until the onions are lightly browned.


2. Add in zucchini, eggplant pieces, and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.


3. Add in herbs and salt and pepper to taste.


4. Set heat to low and cook for another 10 minutes.


Remove from stove and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.


Wilders, Grace (2012-04-24). 57 Easy and Delicious Eggplant Recipes: Mouthwatering Dishes Even Your Kids Will Love (Volume 1) (Kindle Locations 688-689).  . Kindle Edition.


0 评论