An Easy Hollandaise Sauce Poached Eggs and a Tricky Start to the Day

8:35 AM


This hollandaise sauce is as foolproof as you're going to get.  As long as you own a blender it will work like a charm. Smooth and flavorful, you're going to be pouring this on everything.  I'm so glad it worked because I was in need of a bolstering breakfast after a tricky start to the day.  



I was drifting off into a contented sleep last night when daughter number three burst into the bedroom,



"Mum" she shrieked "you HAVE (?!) to take me to driver's ed tomorrow morning at 7am!"



"What! Where?" 



As it turned out a good thirty minutes drive from here.



"But that means we're going to have to get up at 6am and I've got up at 5:30am all week driving your sister into NYC for dance camp and it's Saturday morning and lets not forget it's summer and supposed to be restful!" I wailed.


Consoling myself with the thought that once she has actually passed driver's ed she'll be able to drive herself wherever she needs to go, I grumbled myself back to sleep.  6am arrived sooner than I thought possible and after a gallon or so of shockingly strong coffee I stumbled into the car. My daughter sat in the passenger seat glued to her phone, then she groaned, then she looked at me with a horrified expression on her face, then started giggling - GIGGLING!!


"Mum - don't flip out - I got the wrong day, it's starts on Monday!"



So I used the time to make hollandaise sauce from Simply Recipes and a couple of poached eggs. I didn't go for the traditional Eggs Benedict with the muffin and the ham but if you're inclined look no further than here. 




Easy Hollandaise Sauce.



Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes


10 tablespoons unsalted butter


Pinch of salt


1 tablespoon lemon juice


3 egg yolks.


Melt the butter.


Blend the eggs, lemon juice and salt very well until the eggs have become light in color.


Pour the melted butter in a thin stream, into the egg mixture with the blender on until fully emulsified.


That's it!!


Now I'm off to take my daughter driving!





0 评论