Asparagus Lasagna

12:15 AM


Asparagus is still plentiful in our local farmer's markets and I have two final recipes that I want to share with you as its season draws to a close. I'll feature one tonight and another tomorrow. I want to warn you up front that tonight's recipe  is neither quick nor easy  to prepare and patience is required to work through it. I can also tell you that it is over-the-top delicious and the dish is one that foodies and others with sophisticated palates will enjoy. The recipe was develop by Martha Rose Shulman for the New York Times. You can find her original recipe here.  I want to point out that this recipe uses an olive oil bechamel. I've included a recipe for it at the end of this post so you don't have to go searching for one. I'd also like to suggest you make three cups of the sauce to use with the lasagna. My only criticism of this dish was that I though the edges and the top were a bit too dry. The extra sauce will solve that problem and allow you  to really enjoy this light and luscious main course. The lasagna can be assembled well-ahead of serving, so this is a marvelous dish to prepare for guests. You'll get to serve them a really special meal and yet have time to enjoy their company. I think those of you who try the lasagna will really be pleased. Here's how it is made.  


Asparagus Lasagna



Ingredients:


2 large garlic cloves, peeled


Salt


2 pounds asparagus


1 recipe olive oil b

0 评论