Breaded Chicken Cutlets

10:59 PM


This is the chicken fingers recipe that I made for my girls when they were toddlers, but really they are what grown ups like to eat (at least in my house). The only difference is I used chicken tenders for the little ones and dipped them in ketchup and for the adults I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a side salad.  I might add that all the objections of  "oh no, not chicken again" melt into silence when these are produced. 


I hesitated to put this recipe on the blog because it's so "everyday" and seems a bit dull, but it's what I do with chicken when I can't think what else to do.  Then when I've made it, I can't think why I don't do it more often - everyone loves it.


I hope it comes in handy for you.




Here's what you'll need for your breaded cutlets,


1lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts


1 cup of dried breadcrumbs


2 eggs


1 handful of minced fresh herbs (parsley, rosemary, sage or oregano would be fine.  If you don't have fresh on hand, use a teaspoon or two of dried - Herbs de Provence works well)


Salt and pepper


Olive oil and a tablespoon of butter


On a large plate beat the eggs together


On another plate mix together the dried breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and herbs. 


If the chicken breasts are thick, more than about 1/2 inch, you can lay them between two sheets of parchment paper and bash them with a rolling pin until they are nice and thin.  Curiously I seem to find this quite satisfying.  If you don't feel like chicken bashing, once they have been browned in the pan, you can transfer them to a baking sheet and pop them in a 350F oven for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.


Dip the chicken breasts in the egg wash and then roll them in the breadcrumbs.




Heat the olive oil and butter in a large saute pan until hot and bubbling and lay the chicken breasts in the pan, saute until golden brown.




Remove to a serving platter (unless finishing in the oven), squeeze over some lemon juice and serve with a nice fresh green salad for adults or baby carrots, cucumber spears and ketchup for children.



0 评论