Guacamole

7:33 AM


From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...Everyone knows that guacamole is dip made of mashed avocado mixed with chopped onions and other seasonings. Not everyone know that Tyler Florence makes a guacamole that will make your socks go up and down. I can say that with authority because several people told me so today. I love most of his recipes, but I don't talk about them a lot because he has fans who regularly report on them. They are a great bunch of foodies and you can read about their kitchen exploits each Friday at Tyler Florence Fridays. I needed a quick dip this afternoon. I had glanced at this recipe several times before without trying it, but I remedied that today and I'm so glad I did. This is guacamole with attitude and I love attitude. I also love this dip. Here's the recipe.


Guacamole...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite


Ingredients:


6 ripe avocados


3 limes, juiced


1 medium yellow onion, chopped


1 garlic clove, smashed then minced


2 serrano chiles, cut into rounds


1 big handful fresh cilantro with stems, about 1/2 cup, finely chopped


Extra-virgin olive oil


Kosher salt


Freshly ground black pepper



Directions:


1) Halve and pit avocados. With a tablespoon, scoop out flesh into a mixing bowl. Mash avocados using either a fork or potato masher, leaving them still a bit chunky. Add remaining ingredients, and fold everything together. Drizzle with a little olive oil, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and give it 1 final mix with a fork.


2) Lay a piece of plastic wrap tight on surface of the guacamole so it doesn't brown and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: about 4 cups.



0 评论