MOROCCO My Kitchen My World

12:21 AM

When I find out that MKMW has announced MOROCCO for this week challenge, I was so happy that, I have decided to make Moroccan dinner for the whole week. I thank Judy so much for choosing this exotic country for our culinary journey!

Moroccan food has been my family's favorite for over the years, I make them on any occation wether it is for a simple gathering with friends, or just for supper during week day. Most of my friends and families are becoming  addicted to Moroccan food, they even like the spicy harissa that I always serve to accompany every meal.

Since I have never been to Morocco (I would one day) nor have I been to Moroccan restaurant, I have no notion about the authenticity of my cooking. I only rely on my cookbooks and use my own judgement about the taste.



Brochettes Serve With Carrots Salad and Harissa (picture on the left)

Recipe adapted from: A Season In Morroco: A Culinary Journey
Written by: Meera Freeman

1 pound cube beef or lamb ( I substituted with chicken leg, butterflied)

1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tbs olive oil
salt and pepper

  • Soak the bamboo skewers with cold water for an hour, alternatively use metal skewers if you have one.

  • Marinate the chicken legs with cumin, paprika, olive oil, salt and pepper for about one hour.

  • Thread the chicken legs onto skewers, grill until the brochette cook thoroughly.




Carrots Salad

This was pretty easy salad to make, just shred the carrots, spice the carrots with pinch of cinnamon, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Delicious!

These are  the other Moroccan dishes that  I made this week : Just click  the title , if you are interested in the recipes.



Monday
Moroccon Spiced Shrimp With Manggo, Avocado and Arugula Salad



Tuesday
B'stila



Wednesday

Grilled Salmon With Chermoula
Serve with Couscous With Dried Fruits and Za'alouk



ZA'LOUK, very delicious!



Thursday
Chicken Tajine With Apricot, Saffron, And Orange Blossom Water

I made this dish on my Tajine pot, it taste so unique that you won't get from the regular dutch oven

I hope you like them. Don't forget to check out the MKMW to see what other member comes up with.

0 评论