Pasta with Creamy Roasted Pepper Sauce and Bocconcini

12:15 AM


This light pasta is wonderfully easy to make and it is really nice to serve for an informal family meal. I found the recipe in Family Circle magazine several months ago. I loved its appearance and the ingredients used to make the dish, but I didn't think it was substantial enough for an Oregon winter meal. So, I clipped the recipe with the intent to try it once the weather improved. I finally got to it last night. I followed the recipe exactly as it was written, as is my habit the first time I work with a recipe written by another developer. I was really pleased with the results, but I will make a couple of changes the next time I make this for my family. I think rigatoni is way too substantial for a dish that has so little sauce, so, the next time I make this I'll use penne rigate or ziti in its stead. I also found the sauce to be a bit thin, so I'll thicken it with a tablespoon of instant blend flour next time around. If you are unable to find bocconcini, small balls of marinated fresh mozzarella, cut the larger versions into 1-inch chunks and you'll be fine. I love the subtle flavor of this pasta and I will make it again when peppers start to flood our local farmer's markets. I hope you will try this. It is light and a bit different, but I think you will enjoy it. It makes a nice summer meal. Here's the recipe.


Pasta with Creamy Roasted Pepper Sauce and Bocconcini


Ingredients:


4 sweet red and yellow peppers, halved, cored and seeded


1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth


3 cloves garlic, chopped


2/3 cup heavy cream


3/4 teaspoon salt


1/4 teaspoon black pepper


1 pound rigatoni


1/3 pound small marinated bocconcini


1/2 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced



Directions:


1) Heat broiler. Line a large broiler pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.


2) Place peppers on prepared pan, cut side down. Broil for 9 to 10 minutes, about 4 inches from heat source. Place in a paper bag or covered bowl for 5 minutes. Peel skin off peppers and discard; thinly slice peppers.


3) In a large nonstick skillet bring broth to a simmer; add garlic and simmer 2 minutes. Stir in cream, salt and pepper and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.


4) Meanwhile, cook pasta following package directions, about 10 to 14 minutes for al dente. Drain and return to pot. Add cream mixture and sliced peppers; stir to combine.


5) To serve, spoon into a large serving bowl and fold in bocconcini and basil. Yield: 6 servings.



One Year Ago Today: Tuscan Olive Burgers



Two years ago Today: Carne Asada



Three Years Ago Today: Lemony Buttermilk Bliss Bars


0 评论