Quick and Easy Pan Seared Sole with Lemon and Herbs

8:35 AM


This is the easiest, quickest and quite frankly the most seriously scrumptious fish dish. Even a picky eater may possibly pick at this.  When I was a novice cook I would worry about fish, how long do I cook it? what on earth do I do with it?? well - for anyone who is a little wobbly on the fish front - try this - it's foolproof and totally delicious. I'm licking my lips just thinking about it and I just had it for dinner.  



If you can't find lemon sole - try turbot or at a pinch tilapia would work. And look - there's only six ingredients!!



Quick and Easy Pan Seared Sole with Lemon and Herbs.






4 fillets of sole


4 oz unsalted butter, softened at room temperature


Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper


2 lemons, zested and juiced


A handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped


Splash of white wine


Spread 1 oz of butter on each fillet of fish.


Heat the pan and lay the fish buttered side up in the pan. Cook on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes until golden.  Gently flip over and saute on the other side for 2-3 minutes.


Remove the fish to a warmed serving dish.


Add the rest of the butter to the pan, squeeze the lemon juice add the zest and splash of wine, bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer for a minute or two.


Pour the sauce over the fish and serve.



0 评论