Quick Grilled Chicken.

8:35 AM


This is hot off the grill pan, sitting under aluminium foil on my kitchen counter.  It's one of those "where did the time go, I've only got 10 minutes to make dinner" nights.  No matter.  Skinless boneless chicken breasts are my saving grace. I pounded them with a rolling pin, let my mind wander to whom I was furious with and before I knew it they were nice and thin. After being rubbed with olive oil and sprinkled with various goodies, they grilled nicely on the ridged grill pan for about 8 minutes.  Don't forget to grill some lemons too and squeeze over the hot lemony juices.  Eat with a salad or slice and put into a ciabatta roll with lettuce, tomatoes and mayo - always a hit with my girls.



Quick Grilled Chicken.



3-4 skinless, boneless chicken slices


1-2 tablespoons olive oil


Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper


Minced parsley


1-2 teaspoons cumin


Pinch of red pepper flakes


Zest of a lemon


As mentioned above, pound the chicken breasts until nice and thin.


Rub with olive oil and sprinkle over the salt, pepper, parsley, cumin, red pepper flakes and lemon zest.


Heat the grill or grill pan until nice and hot.  Lay the chicken breasts down on the pan and don't move them for 3-4 minutes.


Cut the zested lemon in half and rub with olive oil.  Place on the pan to grill with the chicken.



Flip the chicken over and grill the over side.  Remove to a platter, squeeze over the hot lemon juice and cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes or so before serving.



0 评论