Taiwanese Spicy Noodle Soup With Sweet BBQ Pork Ribs

11:53 PM


This aromatic, spicy, and superb soup is my favorite noodle soup. The broth is pretty simple to make, you just need to be patient to cook it on a low heat, it will take about 3 hours to simmer to develop the deep fragrant flavor. Once you manage to make the broth, you can add any kind of vegetable and meat you are most fond of. I used BBQ pork ribs that I actually bought from Chinese market. For me, it is quite delicious enough, and somehow I never really tempted of making my own. You can say that I am cheating on this one, that's alright...., I always believe that there are something I can easily duplicate at home, and something I just have to leave it to the professional master to make it.


Taiwanese Spicy Noodle Soup With Sweet BBQ Pork
~elra~
serve 4 to 6


The Broth
1½ pounds pork spare ribs
1 large onion, peeled


5 cloves garlic
2 whole star anise
5 whole Szechuan peppercorn (I didn't use any, I ran out of this)
7 whole red peppercorn
1 whole clove
2 slices of ginger
1 tbs chili pepper flakes
5 whole dried chilies
10 dried Shitake mushroom, soak with hot water to soften (reserve the water to add to your broth)
¼ cup Shaoxing cooking wine
¼ cup reduce sodium tamari or soy sauce
12 cups water
salt to taste


  • Place all ingredient in a soup pot, simmer on low for 2 to 3 hours. Skim the foam that rises to the surface from time time. Strain the broth, and discard the ribs, onion, garlic and the spices, but leave the Shitake mushroom for garnish. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed


To serve
14 oz fresh egg noodle
1½ pounds Chinese sweet BBQ pork ribs, cut into small pieces
cilantro & green scallion, optional
hot chili sauce, if you like it spicier


  • Add water to a large pot, place the pot on the stove over set over high heat, bring water to a boil, add fresh noodle, cook according to package direction. Divide the noodle among prepared bowls. Add BBQ pork ribs, and garnish with cilantro and green scallion, pour some of the broth and serve immediately.



0 评论