Godiva Chocolate Truffle Frappucino and Godiva French Vanilla Granita

9:30 PM


The lovely people at Foodbuzz Tastemaker's sent me two 12oz bags of delicious Godiva coffee and asked that I make an iced coffee drink.  No problem.  Having four children I rely on coffee. I tried to give it up once but my entire family begged me to knock back a double espresso by about 10am on the first morning.


This lovely Godiva coffee came in two flavors, Chocolate Truffle (yum!) and French Vanilla (also yum). I must say I'm usually fairly conservative in my coffee ordering, a latte or cappuccino is about as far as I go.  However with this delicious coffee at my disposal and with the temperatures soaring yet again, I decided to go all out and make an "iced, mocha, frappucino."  Wow - I was glad I did.  The Godiva coffee made it sublime.


Ingredients;
1 cup brewed Godiva coffee
1-2 tablespoons of Hershey's syrup (depending on your preference for sweetness)
A handful of ice cubes
1 tablespoon of Kahlua (optional)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Milk, half and half or heavy cream (depending on just how decadent you wish to be)
2 tablespoons of whipped cream


Brew the coffee
Pour into a blender
Add the Hershey's syrup and combine
Add the rest of the ingredients except the cream for topping
Blitz in the blender
Pour into a tall glass
Top with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and a sprig of mint



After consuming my frappucino I had lots of engery to concentrate on making a coffee granita.  Granita's are said to have originated in Sicily and can be made with all manner of flavorings. It's a great dessert for the summer months and very helpful as it will sit happily in the freezer until you're ready to serve it. 




Ingredients;
2 cups brewed Godiva coffee
1/3 cup Hershey's syrup
1 tablespoon of Kahlua (optional)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Whipped cream for decoration


Brew the coffee and pour into a freezer proof bowl.


Add the Hershey's syrup, liquer if using and vanilla.


Stir to combine.


Place the blow into the freezer and leave for about an hour.


Remove and flake the ice with fork.


Return to the freezer and then remove every 1/2 hour for the next 4 hours to flake the ice that has formed.  You want to achieve gorgeous, golden coffee flavored flecks of ice.  Once the flecks have formed, they will stay this way and not freeze back into one great lump of ice, so you can leave it in the freezer until you're ready to serve.


Serve with whipped cream and a shaving of chocolate.



0 评论