Spicy Crab with Lemongrass Ginger And Chili

12:21 AM


I must admit, as much as I love being in the kitchen, when it comes to the actually killing, I really have to give up. I just couldn't bare putting the sharp knife into it while I know the eyes are starring at me. 


Photobucket


So, last week my sister came home with fresh caught crab from somewhere near Monterey Bay, she brought 4 live crabs and they were moving energetically when we put them in the sink. Since she knew  I never done the killing thing before, she did it.  Here she is  in action....


This was the last crab, it huge, and refused to go in to the rolling boiling water. Ouch!



Yes, she was pretty good, considering that she is not that confident in the kitchen.



I was in charge with the cooking, as usual....


Ingredients:
4 medium size crabs, cleaned and cut into pieces
3 stalks fresh lemongrass, white part only, cut into pieces
1½ inches long fresh ginger, peel, chopped
6 shallots, chopped
5 cloves garlic
10 Thai chilies
10 - 15 dried chilies
1 tbs fish sauce
salt
½ tsp white pepper
2 tbs canola or vegetable oil


  • Put lemongrass, ginger, shallots, garlic, and Thai chillies in a food processor. Process to make a paste. Add a little water if necessary.

  • Heat oil in a large work over medium high, add the dried chilies. Fry for one minute, add the paste, and fry until it releases its fragrance.

  • Add the crabs, stir to coat the crab all over with the paste, season with fish sauce, salt and white pepper. Add ½ cup of water, cover the wok with a lid. Turn the heat to medium, add water if its too dry. Cook until the crab is done, about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir from time to time. Adjust seasoning if necessary.

  • Serve with plain jasmine rice.




0 评论