A Cupcake Themed Birthday Party

8:06 AM



 Last Saturday, we celebrated Lady H's 2nd birthday with a cupcake themed party. To be honest, I planned this party the day she was born. While I was laying in bed, half doped up out of my mind, I can remember holding Baby H and telling my Mother that her first birthday party will be ladybugs and her 2nd birthday will be all cupcakes. So, yeah, I guess I'm kind of a planner.



I made two different kinds of cupcakes, chocolate with chocolate fudge frosting and vanilla buttermilk cake with raspberry filling and raspberry buttercream frosting. I also made Oreo truffle cupcake pops. It was my first attempt at cupcake pops, so I think I need to practice those a bit more.



For party favors, I made cupcake shaped sugar cookies, bagged them up and handed them to people on their way out. My good friend, Leah, helped me decorate them to the ultimate cuteness. I forgot to get a picture of them before we bagged them. By this time, being caterer, baker, Mom, party planner, photographer, and hostess became a tad bit overwhelming.




Our complete menu included:
Ham & Cheese Sliders
Mini Caprese Salad Skewers
Orzo Salad
Corn Dip
Fruit Platter w/Fruit Dip
Oreo Truffle Cupcake Pops
Candy Coated Pretzel Rods
Cupcakes

We had a wonderful time and even 4 days after, I'm still tired. But it was completely worth it and we can't wait to see what theme we will have next year.

0 评论