Cadbury Creme Egg Stuffed Jumbo Cupcakes

8:06 AM



*This is NOT a recipe for the cupcakes, I'm simply just sharing what I did in the kitchen*

I'm one of those people that do not like Cadbury Creme Eggs. I am, however, a total Cadbury Mini Eggs addict as you can see here. I really just wanted to make these cupcakes just to see if it could be done. I consider them a semi-fail, but some might not, so that's why I'm putting them on the blog.

I wasn't sure if a regular sized muffin tin would work so I used a jumbo muffin tin to make these, which of course, made these cupcakes massive. I'm now thinking that I probably could have used the regular sized muffin tin, but I like a more cake to candy ratio so these were perfect for me. I froze the creme eggs over night, which was purely by accident.  I was really only going to freeze them for a couple of hours, but I ended up forgetting about them and then when I did remember, it was way too late for me to bake. Either way, I definitely think they should be frozen so they won't completely melt while the cupcakes are baking.

I just used a boxed devil's food cake mix and whipped up some plain vanilla buttercream. They really didn't turn out as I had envisioned them, like with the yellow center oozing out of the candy egg, but my mom and hubby didn't mind that.

Let me know if you have tried stuffing Cadbury Creme Eggs into cupcakes! I'd be interested to see how it worked for you.


0 评论