Buttermilk Pound Cake

8:06 AM


 


Every time I visit my Mom or the in-law's, I always look to see if they have the latest issue of Southern Living. I was in luck over the weekend when we went to Sunday dinner at my in-law's and saw the magazine on their ottoman. I was really excited to see this recipe for buttermilk pound cake, since I had some buttermilk in my fridge that I needed to use. I don't drink buttermilk (uh, gross), but I love it in baked goods.


And guess what? It also happens to be National Pound Cake Day. So have fun and enjoy some pound cake!


Also, here's another pound cake recipe that's pretty awesome.


Buttermilk Pound Cake
from Southern Living, March 2011
1 1/3 C. butter, softened
2 1/2 C. sugar
6 large eggs
3 C. all-purpose flour
1/2 C. buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 325. Beat butter at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.


Add flour to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch (12 cup) tube pan.


Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10-15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).


Serves 12.



0 评论