Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles (on a stick)

8:06 AM


I love chocolate chip cookie dough. I've been known to make cookie dough and have no intentions at all to bake a single cookie. I'm not the only one in the household that sneaks spoonfuls of cookie dough either. I've walked in on Mr. Bites eating spoonfuls of cookie dough from a bowl while watching "The Notebook", uh, I mean, ESPN.


I made these truffles for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. She loves chocolate chip cookie dough more than anything and I knew she would love these. These truffles are egg-less, which makes it safe to eat raw cookie dough, however, I'm not really bothered by the egg. I'll still eat the dough. I'm a rebel like that.



I'm not sure how many this recipe makes because, let's be honest, I sneak spoonfuls (surprise!). According to Lindsey, the original truffle recipe makes about 3-4 dozen 1-inch balls. Also, hop over to her blog and take a look at what she did with cookie dough and pie!!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
adapted from Love and Olive Oil


2 1/4 C. all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 C. butter, softened
3/4 C. granulated sugar
1 C. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 C. milk
1 C. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
14 oz dark or milk chocolate candy coating


Beat butter and sugars and in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.


Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.


When dough is firm enough to handle (it may help to lightly flour your hands), form dough into 1" balls and arrange on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Place sheets in freezer and let chill for 30 minutes.


Melt chocolate candy coating in a double boiler or in microwave according to package directions. Insert sticks into cookie dough balls and then dip balls into melted chocolate, letting any excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Return balls to wax paper to set up, or you can insert the stick into a Styrofoam base. Chill balls until set.


You can store the truffles in an air tight container for up to one week.


0 评论