Gingersnap Cookies

8:06 AM


I love a good cookie. My favorite kind of cookie is a slightly crispy, slightly chewy cookie. I could go Rachel Ray here and make up a word, like say "crewy" or "chispy" cookie, but it annoys me when she makes up words, so I won't go there. 


These ginger cookies I found in my Martha Stewart Cookie Book are up there with my favs. They have a nice flavor and a nice crisp texture with a slight chew to them. I think they would be great as a sandwich cookie, with maybe some lemon buttercream filling between them.  Mmmmmm, chispy.


Gingersnap Cookies
recipe from Martha Stewart's Cookies


1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, unsalted & room temp.
1/4 cup veg. shortening
2 cups sugar
2 cups AP flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 large egg, beaten


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Sil-pat.


In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening, and 1 cup of the sugar on medium speed.  In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger.


Add maple syrup to butter mixture and beat until combined.  Beat in egg until well combined. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture, a little at a time, until well blended.


Place remaining cup of sugar in a bowl. Measure 2 teaspoons of dough out and then roll into a ball. Roll dough in the sugar and then transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Space balls about 3 inches apart and bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes, rotating halfway through. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.


Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.


Makes about 2 dozen.



0 评论