Snickerdoodle Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

8:06 AM


I love cinnamon, so when I saw this Snickerdoodle cake on Always with Butter it immediately went on my "to bake" list.  I save layer cakes for special occasions and a couple of weeks ago we were invited over to a friend's house for dinner. I, of course, volunteered to bring dessert. This cake was the first thing that came into my brain...and I'm glad it did. 


I only changed one thing about this cake. Instead of making the brown sugar buttercream that the original recipe uses, I whipped up some cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Cinnamon + cream cheese = crazy good.


Snickerdoodle Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Cake recipe from Always with Butter


For cake:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups milk


Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour two cake pans, set aside.


Sift together both flours, baking powder, salt and the cinnamon. Set aside.


In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla. 


Add dry mixture, alternating between the milk in three batches.


Bake for 35-38 min.


For the Frosting:
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
6 cups powdered sugar


In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until combined and smooth. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Add the powdered sugar and beat on a low speed until it is all combined. Turn mixer on high until frosting is smooth and spreadable. 


Frost cake and enjoy!!


Serves 8-12; depending on how you slice it! :)


0 评论