Easy Chocolate Mousse Miette Bakery and Dreams.

8:35 AM


My current obsession is with "Miette" the cookbook from the San Francisco bakery. Ever since I purchased the book I've been on a baking extravaganza.  I've decided I'm moving to California to open a whimsical bakery of my own and be a cross between Meryl Streep (from It's Complicated) and Meg Ray (the lady who owns Miette).  Sadly, the rest of the family aren't totally on board with the idea.  Strange, but there you are.


In the last two days I've made the Bumblebee Cake, the ganache chocolate frosting, lemon shortbread, thumbprint cookies, the old fashioned chocolate cake, REAL buttercream frosting (that was a challenge that involved a great deal of curdled egg whites) and this amazing chocolate mousse.  No matter how much I shower I still smell of sugar.


Despite having quite a few recipes for chocolate pudding and mousse I couldn't resist trying this.  It's EASY and delicious.  I would suggest that if you've chilled it in the fridge for a while take it out and let it come to room temperature before you serve it for a lovely creamy texture.



Easy Chocolate Mousse.


adapted from "Miette" by Meg Ray.


1/2 cup sugar


1/4 cup water


6 ounces of dark chocolate


6 large egg yolks


1 teaspoon vanilla extract


1 1/4 cups heavy cream


Combine the sugar and water in a pan, bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer and cook for approx 4 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved.


Melt the chocolate very gently in the microwave.


Whisk the eggs yolks until thick and lemon colored.  On a low speed pour in the sugar syrup until light and the mixture has doubled in volume.


On a low speed add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture.  Scrape down and whisk until fully incorporated.


In another bowl ship the cream until it holds soft peaks.  Slowly add the chocolate mixture and the vanilla extract to the cream.  Switch the mixer speed to high and whisk until it is completely blended and holds stiff peaks.


To serve, add a small dash of whipped cream and a shaving of chocolate.



0 评论