Grilled Rib Lamb Chops with Roasted Tomatoes and Potatoes

8:35 AM


My youngest daughter and I went on a field trip to a farm when she was in nursery school.  We met, petted and fell in love with a couple of lambs, BaBa and BamBam.  My daughter is now in 6th grade.  I felt enough time had passed. When I grilled these lamb chops last night she informed me she wasn't going to be eating any.  I told her I would eat her share.  They were delicious. There were leftovers, she snuck a chop when she thought I wasn't looking, I pretended not to notice.  Despite their cost I will be buying more lamb chops in the future.


Lamb Chops with Roasted Tomatoes and Potatoes.



As many lamb chops as you can possibly afford. Trim the excess fat.


About 8 new potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled, if they are large, chop them in half


A generous handful of cherry tomatoes


Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper


Olive oil


Whatever fresh herbs you have on hand (I used parsley) finely chopped


A pinch of red pepper flakes


2 teaspoons of cumin


Baby mixed greens or arugula


For the Balsamic Vinaigrette.


3 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar


1 hearty tablespoon of Dijon Mustard


6 - 8 tablespoons of olive oil


Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper


Heat the oven to 425 F


Place the potatoes on a baking tray, pour about a tablespoon of olive oil over them, sprinkle over the salt, pepper and chopped herbs.  Shake the the tray so that the potatoes are evenly coated and place in the oven for about 45 minutes to roast.


Cut the tomatoes in half, pour over a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and herbs and place in the oven.  Roast for about 15 minutes.


Trim the fat from the lamb chops.  Mix together about 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and cumin.  Brush the chops with the olive oil mixture so they're very well coated.


Heat a grill pan (one of my very favorite pieces of equipment) until REALLY  hot.  Lay the chops on the pan and without moving them cook for about 5 minutes per side.  My family like their meat GROSSLY overcooked, if you like it little more pink (YUM) try about 3 minutes per side. I do find overcooking the meat goes entirely against my instincts and makes me rather irritable.  However, it is of course your choice!



To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a jar, put the top on tight and shake well.


While the meat is cooking, arrange the salad greens on a large platter.  When the potatoes and tomatoes are roasted scatter them over the greens.


When the chops are ready add them to the platter, pour over the dressing.  You might sprinkle over a little feta cheese if you like and a few more herbs.


 



0 评论