Maple Mustard-Glazed Chicken

12:21 AM


When I saw Cathy @ Noble Pig posted the recipe in November last year, I knew that this recipe was going to be my favorite recipe. I must admit that I always have difficulty when it comes to cook chicken breast. I tend to over cook it, since I always get scared that I might under cook the breast and my family will get e-c0li bacteria. It all changed after I tried this recipe. My family was very happy and since then, they always requested this recipe. And my son requested that I should remember to buy maple syrup soon, and try to make it with maple syrup instead of honey. 


Please visit her "Maple Mustard-Glazed Chicken" for the original recipe and the  step by step technique. Or, use my recipe that I've adapted slightly by adding tarragon and marjoram. I've to substituted  maple syrup for honey, because I didn't happen to have it in my pantry at the time.


Maple Mustard-Glazed Chicken
Adapted from Cathy @ Noble Pig, that she
inspired by Cuisine at Home


2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat
6 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 Tablespoons maple syrup
2 Tablespoons whole-grain mustard
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tsp dried tarragon
¼ tsp marjoram
2 eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper


  • Combine dijon mustard, maple syrup or honey, whole-grain mustard, brown sugar dried thyme, tarragon, marjoram. Set aside.

  • Prepare 3 plates, on the first plate mix flour with salt and pepper. Place eggs with water in  a second plate, mix well. Then the bread crumb on the last plate.  

  • Coat  the chicken into the flour, shaking off any excess, dip into the egg mixture and into the breadcrumbs, making sure to coat completely.

  • Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side, just until browned.

  • Place the chicken on a baking sheet, brush liberally with the glaze, bake  in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.



0 评论