My Kitchen My World ETHIOPIA

12:21 AM

I've always been fascinated by this country, the people, the culture, and of course the food. So when Lauren chose ETHIOPIA for MKMW to visit, I was really happy and excited to explore more about its culinary and culture. I will not write about them in this post, because there are so many resources on the webs that you can read.

If you never had Ethiopian food before, this is your opportunity to explore. Hopefully it will become one of your favorite ethnic food as well. As always, thanks to Lauren for choosing Ethiopia for this week challenge!


Pretend that this is a stack of injeras, okay?
Since it will take few days to make this Ethiopian flat bread, I took a short cut, buy mixing the Teff flour, a little bit of yeast and unbleached flour. Not perfect, but tasted good. If you interested to make this special bread the authentic way, this and especially this articles really help.



I serve Amhari-Atklit, Tigre-Alz'e (vegetable stew) and Doro Wat (Scipy Chicken Stew) with
(well, with not quite) injera.



Amhari - Atklit, Tigre - Alz'e is vegetable stew spiced with onion, garlic, ginger, and turmeric. Very simple and it is very delicious. I can just eat this vegetable stew with steam rice without anything else!



Check out my other recipe for Doro Wat using whole cut up chicken, instead of skinless and boneless chicken breast in this post. The ingredients are also slightly different. In this post I was using the berbere paste (recipe) instead of the Berbere powder mixture (recipe). Both will work quite well, I just like the paste better, and I happen to have it my refrigerator. I didn't include hard boil egg, since nobody will eat the egg and I feel ashamed if I have to waste it. In the photo above, the stew was a little bit on the drier side.

Once you have the berbere in your pantry, it is quite easy to make any meal from vegetarian to meat, fish or poultry dishes. Just saute some onion and garlic, add the berbere, either the paste or the powder, then whatever it is that you are going to cook. Simple and delicious!

0 评论