Parmesan Zucchini

8:06 AM


Summertime in this household means fresh veggies. My husband literally does a happy dance this time of year because he gets so excited about the fresh corn, tomatoes, and other fresh veggies that come to us via my cousin's garden. I must say, I do get excited about it too.  For a couple of years now, I've been making this zucchini with Parmesan dish. It's a simple side that can easily steal the spotlight from your entree.


Adapted from:  Barefoot Contessa Family Style


Parmesan Zucchini


5-6 Medium Zucchini
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
3/4 C. grated Parmesan Cheese


Remove the ends of the zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Slice the zucchini in 1/2-inch slices. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saute pan. Add half the zucchini*, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the pan and cook, tossing occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes, until just cooked through. Sprinkle with Parmesan and cook for 30 seconds more. Remove to a serving platter and repeat with the rest of the zucchini. Serve immediately.


*You may have to cook the zucchini in two batches, as it will steam if it is too overcrowded in the pan.


I also sprinkle some extra Parmesan cheese over the finished zucchini right before I serve it.



0 评论