Spicy Lobster With chinese Chives Kaffir Lime

11:53 PM


How's everyone doing? Hope you all had a nice holiday season, and wishing you all for the best year 2012. I was busy cooking and baking during the holiday, enjoying my time with my family, and met couple of friends to share the holiday as well. It was truly my favorite time of the year, and I am sure it was yours as well. 


Today, I am sharing with you my simple spicy lobster recipe, I hope you'll like it.


So, if someone offer me to choose between crab or lobster, I must say that I prefer lobster. It  is my favorite seafood, and I can eat it in anyway, let it be plain, or spicy, simply steamed, boiled or grilled, I love them all. Unfortunately my family pretty much prefer crab, that doesn't mean they'll reject it though, they just eat less, and you what that mean, I am the lucky one to eat the rest. 


Anyway, I am still not that brave enough of killing any live crustaceans, so I always take ask the fish guy to do the job for me.


Spicy Lobster With Chinese Chives and Kaffir Lime


serve 2 - 4


1 large fresh live lobster (about 4 - 5 pounds), I asked the fish guy to kill it first, if you afraid of killing it.


1/4 cup chopped shallots


1 cup roughly chopped Chinese chives


2 Roma tomatoes, chopped


5 - 10 fresh cayenne pepper


2 kaffir lime, juiced but do not discard the limes


salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste


canola oil


Bring a lare pot of water to boil, drop the lobster, then cook for about 10 minutes. Remove from the boiling water, let it cool a little bit, then separate the from the head, cut the tail in half. Remove the claws, smash a little bit (using hammer), just enough to crack the shell in few places, this will help the sauce penetrate the meat. 


Process shallots, tomatoes, and cayenne pepper in a food processor until smooth (paste consistency). 


Heat a large wok over high heat, add canola oil. Add the paste, fry until fragrant, about a minute. Add chopped chives, and the juice of kaffir lime, including the limes. Stir for a few seconds, now add the lobster pieces, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, cook, stirring from time to time about 5 - 10 minutes until lobster is cooked. Remove from the heat. Serve immediately with hot steam rice. 



0 评论